Sunday 17 January 2016

Jan. 10-17/16: Nelson, life begins

My second week has come and gone and I'm already starting to develop routines. Doesn't take long! I'm gardening now two  mornings a week, once at  a formal garden (Queen's Gardens), and once at  a community vegetable  garden (Waimarama). My trusty bicycle gets  me to both places  easily. Although  there  are lots  of hills, for the most part where I need to go  is flat. Using a bike as a mode of transportation  feels  good, and mostly  I've remembered  to keep left. Mostly.

I've also found a yoga studio that  is a 10 minute cycle along the path beside the Tasman Bay. About as good as it gets.

There are many hiking opportunities  both in town and nearby. Today I walked up to the spot marking the Centre of New Zealand. Really, it's right here in Nelson.  The path starts about  a 5 minute walk from my front door  and takes about 45  minutes one  way. Astounding views.

Here's a few pictures from my week.

"My" house is just across the street
from the park  above, so this is my view. Glorious!
Below, view from a street not far away.


On a hike not far out of town.
Look what was on the path!!


In the Japanese  Gardens,  literally  
across the street
Sunday afternoon jazz in Founders
Park, a 5 minute walk  away

Path leading to the Centre of
New Zealand, and the very spot, below


View of Nelson   (that's most if it!)
from the Centre of New Zealand








No comments:

Post a Comment